Friday, March 25, 2011

Grilled South Of the Border Chicken


I am always looking for different ways to "spice" up our South of the Border taco night at my house. I am constantly trying to break out of the same old rut we seem to keep finding ourselves in. We usually use seasoned ground turkey to fill our tacos shells at my home but I recently found this delicious Grilled Taco Chicken Recipe that was a huge hit with my kids and my hubby. This grilled chicken was very simple to make and you can use it to fill taco shells, tortillas or even burritos. If tacos aren't quite your forte, serve this chicken on top of a bed of Romaine Lettuce for a delicious and healthy taco salad! 

Grilled "South of the Border" Chicken
recipe adapted from ourbestbites.com and photo courtesy of blogchef.com
Ingredients:
1 lb. Boneless, Skinless chicken breasts
2-3 juicy limes
1-2 T. Red Wine Vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced 
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. Kosher salt
1/2 t. freshly ground pepper
1 bag of shredded Coleslaw mix
Sour Cream
Gaucamole
Tortillas
Salsa

Directions:
1. Place the chicken breasts in a heavy-duty Ziploc plastic bag.
2. Squeeze limes over chicken. Add vinegar and minced garlic and seal the bag and shake to distribute the marinade. Marinate for 4-8 hours or over night.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
4. Combine chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Remove chicken from bag and discard the unused marinade. Rub the spices into the chicken.
5. Place chicken breasts on the hot grill. Grill for 7 minutes, turn and grill for another 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat to a clean plate and allow to stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. If using the meat for tacos, place chicken in a warm tortilla and top with shredded cabbage, sour cream, guacamole,  and salsa.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...