Thursday, June 17, 2010

Baked Praline French Toast

I got this recipe from a friend that I went to high school with. She is super talented and she has a blog of her own, in which she showcases her very impressive sewing/craft abilities. If you are interested in checking out her darling blog and seeing what she is up to go here. When I saw this recipe featured on her blog awhile back I just had to try it out! This recipe is so scrumptious that it is more like eating dessert than eating breakfast! I have made it on several occasions for my family down in Southern Utah, as well as for my own little family. I always receive wonderful compliments when I have made this breakfast dish. With Father's Day just around the corner, this would be the perfect breakfast to serve to that special dad/man in your life. Enjoy!

Baked Praline French Toast
from the kitchen of Tamarynn Jones-Bennett

1 loaf of French bread* (I have found that Wal-Marts French Bread works the best for me because it is so dense. Pick a bread that isn't too soft in the middle because it will turn mushy.)
8 Large Eggs
2 c. Half n' Half
1 c. Milk
2 T. Sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Dash of Salt
Praline Topping

Cooking Instructions:
Step 1: Slice French Bread into 1- inch thick slices. Arrange slices in a generously buttered cookie sheet with raised edges. Place french bread in two rows.
Step 2: In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half and half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and beat with a whisk until blended but not to bubbly.
Step 3: Pour the mixture over the bread slices making sure all the slices are covered evenly with the milk/egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture over the tops and in between the slices.
Step 4: Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. (You can make this without refrigerating but it turns out best when you have let the toast sit in the mixture overnight.)
Step 5: The next morning when you are ready to bake the french toast, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread Praline Topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Serve with Powdered sugar and maple syrup.

Praline Topping
1 c. butter
1 c. packed light brown sugar
1 c. chopped pecans
2 T. Light corn syrup
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg

Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and blend until well combined.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

1 comment:

  1. Did I ever tell you that you are my hero? ....well, I'm telling you now!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...