Friday, June 4, 2010

Beef Stroganoff

I am sure most everyone has tried Beef Stroganoff before. I have had it many times in my lifetime and my mom would make it for us growing up. I love this comfort dish. I came across this recipe online and I thought I would try making it. The thing that caught my eye about this particular recipe was that it called for sliced steak. I have always made mine with ground turkey or ground beef. This dish is very good; although, I still prefer ground beef or turkey in mine. The steak was a little tough when I browned/cooked it in the pan. I didn't care for it. I did love the sauce though and so next time I will use ground beef or turkey.

Beef Stroganoff
1 lb. sliced steak or ground beef or turkey
1/2 c. onions, minced
1 c. sour cream
1/4 c. butter
2 T. flour
1 teas. salt
1/4. tea. black pepper
2-3 cans of sliced mushrooms
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small bag of egg noodles

Cooking Instructions:
step 1: Saute onions and garlic in butter over medium heat for a few minutes. Meanwhile, cook egg noodles according to package directions.
step 2: Add in sliced steak (or ground beef or turkey) and brown. Stir in flour, salt, mushrooms and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
step 3: Stir in sour cream and cook until heated. Serve over egg noodles. Enjoy!!

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...