Sunday, July 18, 2010

Little Girl's Bow Holder Tutorial

A few months ago, I saw the most darling bow holder on a random blog. It was darling but contained limited instructions on how to make it. I decided that it didn't look too complicated to make and I knew that I could replicate it and make one for my little girl. I have been looking for a cute bow holder for quite some time that could hold all of my daughters bows but nothing really sought my fancy. This one is the perfect size and will keep all of my little girls bows in mint condition. I wished I had done this sooner!

If you want to make one of these darling bow holders for the little princess in your life, these are the supplies you will need:

Supplies Required:
Fabric, your choice of color*
*(I got 1 yd of fabric for my bow holder but how much
fabric you get will depend on how big your frame is)
Picture frame
chicken wire or plastic mesh
Ribbon to match your fabric
hot glue gun
glue
Step One:
Iron and fold fabric in half. When fabric is smooth and wrinkle free, place the backing of the picture frame onto the fabric. You will glue the fabric with your glue gun to the backing (removable stiff part that goes in last after placing a picture in a frame) of the picture frame.Step Two:
Leave about an 1 to 1 1/2 inches of fabric around the edge of the frames backboard. You will now cut the corners edges to resemble mine. This will give you a nice finished look for the back of bow holder.
Step Three:
Glue around the the picture frame, fold and secure fabric to the cardboard backing including the corners and fold fabric into place.This is what your edges will look like after you have glued around and secured the fabric around the cardboard backing.Step Four:
Cut out enough chicken wire or plastic mesh to cover the cardboard backing. Leave enough around the edges of the backing. You will be gluing the mesh to the back of your cardboard to secure it into place.Step Five:
After you have cut a generous amount of mesh to go over and around your cardboard backing, start by securing every other dot of the mesh with a drop of glue. Hold the mesh in place until the glue cools and mesh stays in place on its own. Make sure to pull tight along the way so that the front side is flush with the fabric front and there are no bubbles. Step Six:
When you have secured the plastic mesh in place all around the cardboard backing, turn over and make sure it is flush against the fabric. If there is any bubbles adjust the mesh and make as tight as you can. Next, Take the picture insert and flip over. This will cover your fabric and mesh so you have a finished look to the back of your bow holder.Step Seven:
Glue mesh and any fabric that may be loose under the picture insert. This will give the back of your bow holder a finished look.Step Eight:
Place backing into frame and secure fasteners to keep bow cardboard insert into place.Step Nine:
Using your ribbon, tie knots onto the fasteners on picture frame. This will be what holds your bow holder onto the wall.Step Ten:
Secure a bow in the middle of the ribbon. This will give your bow holder a little more pizazz and hide the nail that you hang it from. Viola! Your bow holder is completed! Breath a sigh of relief and give yourself a big pat on the back....now go and hang your finished bow holder in your little girls room and clip her collection of bows to it. So cute! Enjoy!!

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! makes me want to have my girls wear bows just so I can make one of those. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what CharlieJo said.
    Even though I'm not crafty...AT ALL...I might give this one a try. It's so beautiful and will not only complement the look of a little princess' room but also be very handy!
    Good job Ashlee!
    BTW I have you blog on "my favorites" on my computer ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much easier than how I did my daugter's,I might re-make it using your method because yours looks so much nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wе're a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with useful information to work on. You'vе performed аn іmpreѕѕive tasκ and our whole community ѕhall
    be thanκful to уou.

    my weblоg ... nootropic ingredients
    Also see my webpage > what goes into nootropics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heу theгe! I knοw this is kind of оff topiс but I wаѕ wondering if you κnew wheгe I could lоcate a caρtcha plugin
    foг my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having pгoblеmѕ
    findіng οne? Thankѕ а
    lot!

    http://ωww.i80equіpment.com/buckеt-trucκs-medium.
    ѕhtml
    Look at my web site ; bucket trucks for sale

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...