Friday, August 27, 2010

Blackberry Pie

I love this time of year when Blackberries are ready to be harvested and made into yummy desserts and jams. I had some frozen blackberries left over from last years harvest and I decided to make this special weekend treat and use them up. I got my Blackberries from my Favorite Aunties Blackberry plants. She has the biggest, sweetest, juiciest blackberries I have ever laid eyes on! Blackberry pie is one of my favorite desserts and being able to use my Aunt's Blackberries make this dessert even better! This pie is to die for and is very easy to make especially since you can use pre made pie crusts if you are in a hurry or if you get frustrated with making homemade pie crusts like I do. You can also use Frozen Blackberries if you don't have any fresh berries on hand. This pie is definitely one to try the next time you have a hankering for something sweet! Serve this pie right out of the oven and top with Vanilla Bean Ice cream for a delectable dessert!

Blackberry Pie
Ingredients:
4 c. fresh blackberries

1/2 c. white sugar

1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 (9 inch) double pie crust, I like the Pillsbury brand
2 T. milk
1/4 c. white sugar


Cooking Instructions:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Press bottom part of crust into greased 9" pie plate. In a large bowl combine 3 1/2 c. of berries with 1/2 c. white sugar and 1/2 c. flour. Spoon the mixture into the pie crust. Spread remaining berries on top of the sweetened berries. Cover the pie with top crust and crimp edges to seal.Brush the top of crust with milk and dust with remaining sugar. With a knife or a fork, make small slits in the top of pie so the hot air can escape and cook the pie. Step 2: Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake for another 20-25 minutes.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...