Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cashew Chicken

I am loving my new crock pot cookbook and the recipes that it has to offer. I hope you are all not getting to sick of the crock pot recipes that I have been posting but I love them!! It truly is so nice to be able to dump everything together in the morning and by dinner time have a home cooked meal. It is rewarding to know that I am putting good food on the table instead of fast food and it is also very nice to know that I have extra time in the evenings (when I would usually be cooking dinner) to play with my kids or put my feet up. I tried this cashew chicken recipe this week and the kids and the hubby went crazy for it! I was a little leery about the cashews in it but the kids dug right in and were good little eaters. Hope you all enjoy!

Cashew Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 c. Cashews
1 c. sliced mushrooms
1 c. sliced celery
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/4 c. chopped green onion
2 T. butter
1 1/2 T. Soy sauce
Hot cooked rice

1. Combine chicken, cashews, mushrooms, celery, soup, green onion, butter and soy sauce in Crock pot slow cooker.
2. Cover; cook on LOW 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-6 hours or until done. Serve over rice.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...