Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cherry Delight Salad

I grew up eating this salad and I love it! It is one of those salads my mom made for our spring and summer BBQ's. It is light, creamy and irresistible. In my opinion, it is almost a dessert instead of a salad. When I took a cooking class in college, we all had to do a food demonstration for one of our assignments. One of my friends/classmates at the time made this salad for her food demo. She had a slight variation to the recipe that she grew up on. Her recipe called for mini marshmallows. I love both variations!!



Cherry Delight Salad
1- 20 oz. Crushed Pineapple, Drained
1- 12 oz. Cool Whip
1- 8 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
1 -20 oz. can Cherry pie Filling
2 c. mini marshmallows(optional, but I love them in this salad)
1- Drain your pineapple to remove excess pineapple juice.
2- In a Bowl, Mix sweetened condensed milk with Cherry pie filling until well combined.3- Add crushed pineapple to the bowl and mix into cherry/milk mixture.4- Fold Cool whip and mini marshmallows until all ingredients are combined.
5- Chill in Fridge until ready to serve.


I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

1 comment:

  1. love the jello. You little girl dresses are so cute, wish I could make some. love the fabric as well

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...